Better Winches Better Sailing
ANDERSEN Winches© are all about Design and Engineering. Andersen believe in setting standards, as this is the only way to ensure a lifetime of safe sailing for customers and a future at sea for Andersen products.
To achieve this, Andersen employ state-of-the-art manufacturing technology and staff dedicated to continuous development. They remain at the cutting edge of development by working closely with yachtsmen and sailing professionals.
- Drive shaft of AISI 329 stainless steel
- Adjustable self-tailing arm through 360 degrees (from size 40ST and up)
- Low friction curved self-tailing arm
- Stainless-steel ball bearings to carry vertical and horizontal loads from the drum (from size 52ST and up). The upper and lower bearings are designed to be maximum distance apart, resulting in increased support for the drum while increasing efficiency
- Large-diameter roller bearings to absorb drum loads and increase efficiency
- Easy servicing of gears. Captive pawls made from cold-pressed stainless-steel bar AISI 316L, are unbreakable
- Upper base plate from aluminium bronze, which is twice as strong as standard bronze and ensures a light, stiff and rugged construction that increases efficiency
- The self-tailing system adjusts automatically to suit various rope sizes
- Lightweight stainless-steel drum with Power Rib ensures a superior grip on the sheet without causing excessive wear
- Drum surface with Power Rib generates horizontal friction, and a highly polished surface minimizes vertical friction, allowing rope to slide easily up the drum
- Lightweight stainless-steel drum combined with an internal construction of aluminium bronze, results in ANDERSEN Winches being of similar weight to aluminium winchesbut far more durable. Servicing is only required every 2 years under normal use.